Adolescent counseling starts at the age of 13 to 18 years old. I work with adolescents struggling with anxiety, depression, self-harm, self-esteem issues, stress, phobias, and past trauma. I take a systemic approach and believe that adolescents do better in therapy if caregivers/parents are willing to engage in therapy. At the discretion of the client caregivers are encouraged to participate in counseling when appropriate.
How might therapy help you?
- Learn helpful and healthy ways to cope with your current struggles
- Increase self-esteem
- Identify unhelpful thoughts
- Understand the connection between thoughts, body, and actions
- Finding support outside of therapy
- Tools for developing a better relationship with parents and/or friends
- Learn to set boundaries
Rates for adolescents is $95 dollars per session. Each session is 50 minutes. Usually sessions occur on weekly basis and taper off as you make progress towards your goals.